Monday, July 27, 2009

Eating a diabetic diet doesn't mean giving up the foods you love...

Welcome to my blog especially for those wishing to learn ways to cook healthier, without sacrificing flavor. I've been a diabetic for over 10 years and am happy to say that my diagnosis was the best thing that ever happened to me and my health!

Certainly, at first, it wasn't easy changing my ways. I was raised in the South and all of my young life I was fed the Paula Deen diet! I'm not blaming anyone, but that's just the way everyone ate at the time and in that region of the country. Since my diagnosis, I've learned to eat and cook in a completely different way. That doesn't mean I don't crave a good cupcake now and again, but I've developed some incredible recipes that make it possible to indulge occasionally without guilt or sending my blood glucose out of orbit. I will share with you some of my clever, healthier ingredient swap outs that will have you rejoicing!

You CAN have your cake and eat it, too!
These recipes are good for everyone, not just diabetics. Please give them a try, share them with your friends, feed them to your family -- everyone will love them. I'd really like to hear what you think, so leave a comment. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment